I had extremely narrow nostrils. I couldn't breathe before...Read more
Hi, I had surgery in Van about two years ago. We did my surgery...Read more
Everything You Need To Know About Revision Rhinoplasty
Your doctor may also place a splint in your nose for protection and support. This process usually takes about a week. It is normal to see mild bleeding and mucus within a few days after the revision surgery or after dressings are removed. Your doctor will advise you to minimize the risk of bleeding, bruising and swelling.
- Avoid strenuous activities such as aerobics and running,
- Take a bath with a bandage on your nose instead of taking a shower,
- Do not blow your nose,
- Constipation can put pressure on the operation area, causing it to stretch. For this reason, eat high-fiber foods like fruits and vegetables.
- Keep your facial expressions at optimum. Avoid excessive facial expressions like smiling or laughing.
- Brush your teeth gently to limit the movement of your upper lip.
- Wear button-up clothing. Do not pull off clothing such as shirts or sweaters over your head.
- To avoid pressure on the nose, do not wear glasses or sunglasses for at least four weeks after revision surgery.
- When going out, always use sunscreen with at least 30 protection factor. Exposure to too much sunlight without sunscreen can cause permanent, uneven discoloration of the nasal skin.
- Reducing sodium-containing foods will reduce bloating faster, stay away from salt.
Written on 04/05/2020
Last Update: 22/04/2021