Doctors & Clinics
121 - All Doctors
Doctors & Clinics
121 - All Doctors
What is Laser Tattoo Removal?
The process of removing unwanted tattoos from the skin surface with the help of laser beam in time is called "Laser Tattoo Removal".
In Laser Tattoo Removal application; The laser beam passes through the epidermis layer of the skin and is absorbed by the compounds in the dermis and subcutaneous tissue that give the tattoo color, and these substances are broken down and removed by the immune system.
There are many ways to get rid of unwanted tattoos. These :
- Dermabrasion (mechanical skin peeling)
- Excision (surgical removal of the tattooed area from the body) methods.
The most preferred of these methods is tattoo removal with laser.
Laser tattoo removal, including Picosure Laser and Picoway Laser systems; The size of the tattoo, the color / colors of the tattoo, when the tattoo is done with different techniques depending on the characteristics.
Everything You Need to Know About Tattoo Removal
How Much is Tattoo Removal Price?
Tattoo removal prices depend on many factors. Matters such as the size, color of the tattoo, the average number of sessions, the clinic where laser tattoo removal will be performed, the doctor, the province and the technology to be used affect the pricing.
The average tattoo removal price of a normal sized tattoo with appropriate coloring varies between 1,750 TL and 4,000 TL.
How is Laser Tattoo Removal Performed?
Tattoo removal stages can be listed as follows:
- Tattoo removal with laser is an application that can be completed in an average of 4 to 8 sessions.
- The number of sessions can be up to 15, depending on the structure and size of the tattoo.
- The expected waiting period between two sessions is 4-6 weeks.
- Before each session, the person is asked to be protected from the sun for at least 2 weeks.
- Drugs such as blood thinners and vitamin E should be stopped 24 hours before administration.
- In order for the person not to feel pain during the application, the area is numbed with tropical anesthesia cream.
What are the Types of Laser Tattoo Removal Devices?
In tattoo removal application, different types of laser devices are used according to the colors of the pigments that make up the tattoo. All of the devices are produced with the technology called Q-Switched (Q-switched), and this technology is capable of making short and high-energy beam pulses.
- Q-switched Ruby: It is preferred for very white skinned people, it is the ideal technology for removing tattoos in colors such as yellow and green.
- Q-switched Alexandrite: It can be used in all skin colors except dark skin types, it carries the risk of leaving stains on people with dark skin. It is the ideal technology for removing tattoos in colors such as yellow and green, which are considered difficult to erase.
- Q-switched Nd: YAG: Light-dark skinned people; It is the ideal technology for removing tattoos in dark blue, dark blue, red and black.
Dark blue, navy blue and black tattoos are among the most easily removed tattoos. Tattoos where purple, green and yellow colors are used intensely are considered more resistant.
What is the Recovery Time of Laser Tattoo Removal?
- Laser tattoo removal is a multi-session application and each session interval is planned for 4 to 6 weeks later.
- After the tattoo removal, different epithelizing tattoo removal cream should be used on the area where the removal is performed. These creams will be recommended by your doctor in accordance with your treatment.
- After each session, in the laser applied area; Effects such as swelling, crusting, blistering and redness may be seen. This situation is temporary and is part of the healing process. It takes an average of 5 to 15 days.
- The second session cannot be started before the recovery of the laser applied area is completed.
- The tattooed area should be protected from the sun between both sessions and after tattoo removal. Therefore, it is important to use sunscreen creams.
Is Laser Tattoo Removal a Suitable Application for Me?
- It is important that the tattooed area to be wiped does not have burns, wounds, eczema and similar skin problems and that the skin has not been treated (natural or tanned skin with solarium).
- While it is easier to remove small and black tattoos with laser; In the process of removing multi-colored and large-area tattoos, the number of sessions increases to achieve the desired result, and sometimes the tattoo cannot be completely erased.
- Ideal tattoo colors in laser tattoo removal application; Those in dark blue, dark blue and black colors.
- It is important that the tattoo is at least 1 year old. Better results are obtained in removing aged tattoos.
- In tattoo removal, the pigments broken down by laser are removed from the body with the help of the body's immune system. Therefore, it is also important that the person is healthy and does not have any health problems that affect the immune system. Tattoo removal is only applied to healthy individuals.
Why is Laser Tattoo Removal Not Appropriate for Me?
- Those with health problems related to the immune system,
- People with tan and darkened skin (these people are recommended to wait until they return to their normal color)
- Tattoos that exist for less than 1 year (it is difficult to erase, it would be more correct to wait for it to age)
- People diagnosed with skin cancer, herpes patients, those with tattooed skin surface wounds, burns and similar skin sensitivity,
- People who have to undergo different laser treatments or have recently had such treatment,
- People who are pregnant and breastfeeding
They are not suitable candidates for laser erasing.
Is Laser Tattoo Removal Application Painful?
Although the application is usually performed by numbing the area with the help of anesthetic creams, people have stated that they feel the pain caused by the intense beam wave.
The dose of this pain is defined as the rubber pain hitting the skin. If the pain is felt very intense, the area can be numbed with local anesthesia and a more comfortable treatment process can be provided. This situation is usually needed at the stage of erasing dense and large tattoos.
How Do I Determine the Right Doctor for Laser Tattoo Removal?
Laser tattoo removal should be performed by a specialist in the field of skin such as Dermatologist, Skin and / or Plastic Surgery.
It is important to choose a physician with whom you can communicate well, answer your questions and recommend the most appropriate laser application for your skin structure and tattoo type.
You may want to see the doctor's previous practices, get information about the technology used, and be enlightened about the suitability of this technology for you. In addition, details such as the number of successful transactions and the certificates owned can be queried.
When Is The Best Time For Laser Tattoo Removal?
Laser tattoo removal application can be done in all seasons. However, summer months should not be preferred, as the sun rays can affect the treatment process negatively.
What Kind of Result Should I Expect From Laser Tattoo Removal?
With the advancing laser technology, nearly 100% successful results are obtained in tattoo removal. Even in the breast, upper arm and wrist area that are at risk of staining, a result deviation of only five percent was observed.
The success of the tattoo removal application is directly proportional to whether the tattoo is done by a professional and expert in the field.
In a tattoo applied by a professional person, the tattoo is applied to the lower layer of the skin at the same depth, and this situation may occur in the form of non-homogeneous distribution to different depths in applications performed by amateur persons. Inhomogeneous tattoos may not be completely erased and, in some cases, staining such as shadows may remain.
Written on 01/01/2018
Last Update: 30/07/2021
Spot Treatment %100