As I got older, I had droopy upper eyelids and under-eye bags. I...Read more
I had a droopy eyelid problem, Dr. Özgül Uğurtay performed my...Read more
What Is The Procedure Of An Eyelid Surgery?
What Are The Possible Risks Of Eyelid Surgery Include?
- Dryness to the eyes and Infection,
- Sensitivity to the sun or other bright light,
- Difficulty in closing your eyes,
- Lid lag, a temporary pulling down of the lower eyelid, may occur,
- Temporary or even permanent change in vision,
- Changes in skin sensation or numbness of the eyelashes,
- Possible need for revision surgery,
- Bad scarring.
- Excess or loose skin that hides the natural fold of the upper eyelids,
- Loose upper eyelid skin that impairs vision,
- Droopy or baggy eyelids,
- Fine, ‘crepe paper’ lower eyelid wrinkles,
- Under-eye ‘bags’ or large dark circles,
- ‘Hooded’ upper eyelids,
- Irritation due to rubbings of excess folds on the eyelids,
- Droopy lower eyelids that make the white portion of iris visible.
What Is A Good Age For Blepharoplasty?
Is Blepharoplasty Dangerous And Painful?
What Are The Pros and Cons Of Eyelid Surgery?
- An eyelid surgery will make you look fresh and young,
- Any scars from the eye lift will be hidden in your natural eyelid creases, making them almost indiscernible.
- Recovery time after eyelid surgery is comfortable. Within and around a week you will be able to turn back to normal life.
- It helps to improve vision as excess, loose skin around eyes may impair vision.
- It corrects lower eyelid droopiness
- To go back to work or your daily life you will need 4-7 days of downtime,
- You may find difficulty in closing your eyes.
- Swelling, bruising, and dryness are the most common side effects.
- You may feel dry and itchy eyes after surgery.
- You may need to have the repetitive surgery after a few years, as this surgery doesn’t stop eyes from aging.
- It may damage the underlying structure of the eye as the anatomy around the eye is delicate.
How Long Does It Take The Heal After Eyelid Surgery?
- EYE COMPLICATIONS WITH BLEPHAROPLASTY OR OTHER EYELID SURGER... : Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (lww.com)
- Upper Eyelid Anatomy: An Update : Annals of Plastic Surgery (lww.com)
- Eyelid Surgery - Abstract - Graves' Orbitopathy - Karger Publishers
- Evolution of eyelid surgery. - Abstract - Europe PMC
- Double-Eyelid Surgery Using Septoaponeurosis Junctional Thickening Results in Dynamic Fold in Asians (nih.gov)
Written on 01/01/2018
Last Update: 23/11/2021