What is Composite Lamina?
Composite Lamina, which is one of the common and effective applications of aesthetic dentistry, is one of the most protective treatment methods since it is mostly performed without any intervention to the natural tooth. The treatment applied to correct small defects in the teeth gives results in a very short time.
Everything You Need To Know About Composite Laminate (Bonding)
What is the Price of Composite Lamina Application?
The price of the bonding application may vary according to the doctor who will perform the treatment, the province, district and district where the clinic is located, but it varies between 350 TL - 700 TL for each tooth to be treated.
For Which Situations Is Composite Lamina Application Suitable?
- The treatment, which has a short procedure time and is often completed in one session, can be used in the following situations:
- To remove stains caused by the consumption of products that play a role in the loss of tooth color, such as cigarette, coffee, tea, etc.
- Repairing tooth loss in minor fractures
- In removing cracks on the tooth surface
- Lengthening and resizing of teeth if they are smaller than other teeth
- To correct the appearance of split teeth (diastema).
How to Apply Composite Lamina?
Composite Lamina is a treatment that does not require preliminary preparation and is usually completed within 1-1.5 hours, although the application time varies depending on the number of teeth to be intervened. If carious tooth filling is not performed, it will take place without the need for anesthesia. The processes proceed as follows:
- The dentist chooses the appropriate shade of filling material for the tooth color of the patient.
- Before the application, teeth cleaning is done.
- The tooth surface, purified from bacteria, tartar and plaques, is roughened with a special method (Phosphoric acid use or filing method) to facilitate the adhesion of the Composite Lamina material to the tooth.
- In order for the Composite Lamina process to take place, the tooth is covered with an auxiliary gel layer.
- Creamy composite resin selected according to the tooth color is applied to the tooth surface with the help of a brush.
- UV light is used to cure the material.
- The cured Composite Lamina material is then shaped by the dentist into tooth form.
Finally, polish is applied and the planned aesthetic appearance of the teeth is provided.
What are the Advantages of Composite Lamina Application?
The most important advantages of Composite Lamina application are as follows:
- It almost does not require any intervention to the natural tooth, it is one of the preventive treatment methods.
- The result obtained as a result of the treatment is very close to the natural appearance.
- It is a successful method in the treatment of many small dental problems.
- The procedure time is very short, it is an ideal treatment method especially for patients with limited time.
- It is a less costly procedure compared to other tooth coatings.
- Aesthetic composite fillings can be applied to both anterior and posterior teeth.
- Possible damages that may occur in case of contact with hard objects can be repaired, it does not require renewal like porcelain laminates.
What are the Disadvantages of Composite Lamina Application?
- It is not resistant to staining.
- It has less total life compared to other coatings.
How Long Does Composite Laminate Application Last?
Bonding can be used for many years if the dentist's recommendations are followed. According to the data obtained, the life of the fillings varies from patient to patient and exhibits durability between 3-10 years.
How Should Oral Care Be After Composite Lamina Application?
- Consumption of hard shelled nut type foods should be done carefully.
- Habits such as pencil chewing and nail biting, which are also harmful for healthy teeth, should be avoided.
- Teeth should be brushed at least twice a day.
- Consumption of foods with high tooth-yellowing effect should be considered.
Written on 11/12/2019
Last Update: 22/04/2021
There is no reviews with this treatment.